Computer Controlled Stand-Alone Water Pumping Application
Nowadays electricity is essential to provide the users the basic necessities of life. The problem is when end user is located in places without electricity, for instance in some rural areas. On these situations come into play the stand-alone power systems. Basically these systems consist of a power energy source that supplies power to a load. Usually, the power energy sources are photovoltaic panels, wind turbines or diesel engine generators. The choice of the type of the source will depend of the wind and solar resources. One problem that humans face is to get water in stand-alone places. In order to solve this problem wells are drilled and water pumps are installed within them. A water tank is located in the surface and the water is pumped up to the tank.
• PV-KIT. Current Controller and Photovoltaic Panel Kit.
• WT-KIT. Current Controller and Wind Turbine Kit.
• BAT2. 70 Ah Battery.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a
Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for
controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
- Advanced Real-Time SCADA.
- Open Control + Multicontrol + Real-Time Control.
- Specialized EDIBON Control Software based on LabVIEW.
- National Instruments Data Acquisition board (250 KS/s, kilo samples per second).
- Calibration exercises, which are included, teach the user how to calibrate asensor and the importance of checking the accuracy of the sensors before taking measurements. Projector and/or electronic whiteboard compatibility allows the unit to be explained and demonstrated to an entire class at one time.
- Capable of doing applied research, real industrial simulation, training courses, etc.
- Remote operation and control by the user and remote control for EDIBON technical support, are always included.
- Totally safe, utilizing 4 safety systems (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic & Software).
- Designed and manufactured under several quality standards.
- Optional ICAI software to create, edit and carry out practical exercises, tests, exams, calculations, etc. Apart from monitoring users knowledge and progress reached.
- This unit has been designed for future expansion and integration. A common expansion is the EDIBON Scada-Net (ESN) System which enables multiple students to simultaneously operate many units in a network.