DC Servo Motor Module
Regulation and control theory is divided into two major divisions in, namely, classical and modern. The implementation of classical controller designs as compared to systems designed using modern control theory is easier and these controllers are preferred in most industrial applications. The most common controllers designed using classical control theory, are PID controllers.
The Computer Controlled Teaching Unit for the Study of Regulation and Control, RYC, allows the students to simulate an integrator system, a first order system and a second order system and regulate them with a PID controller or Lead & Lag compensator. The unit also allows to simulate perturbations and offsets to analyze the response of the system.
A wide range of applications: DC Servo Motor Module, Ball and Beam Module, etc. for working with the RYC unit are available to study a real control systems response to complement the Study of regulation and control in real time.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a
Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Diagram in the front panel with distribution of the elements similar to the real one.
Reference signals module:
This module allows to generate four different
types of signals: step, square, ramp and sine.
The frequency and amplitude of the signals can
be adjusted through the computer.
Step output. Square output. Ramp output.
Step: amplitude: 0 V to 5 V, frequency: 0Hz
to 200 Hz.
Square: amplitude: ±10 V, frequency: 0Hz to
Ramp: amplitude: ±10 V, frequency: 0Hz to
Sine: amplitude: ±10 V, frequency: 0Hz to
Frequency sweep: this module performs a
frequency sweep needed for calculating the
PID controller module:
This module is subdivided into proportional, integrative and derivative blocks. The module allows
to adjust each parameter independently from the computer:
P controller: Kc: -10 to +10. I controller: Ti: 0 to 100 s. D controller: Td: 0 to 100 s.
Sample time: 0.1 to 100 ms.
This module represents a compensator system in the Laplace domain. The system allows to modify
the zero, the pole and the gain of the compensator through the computer:
K lead: 1 to 100 s. K lag: 1 to 100 s. Gain: 1 to 10. Sample time: 0.1 to 100 ms.
This module represents and integrator system in the Laplace domain. The system allows to modify
the gain and the saturation valve of the system through the computer:
Gain: -10 to 10.
Saturation: -10 to 10.
First order system:
This module represents a first order system in the Laplace domain. The system allows to modify
the time constant of the system through the computer. The gain can be also adjusted using the
Gain: 0 to 10. Time constant T: 0 to 100 s.
Second order system:
This module represents a second order system in Laplace domain. The system allows to modify
through the computer the three parameters of the system: gain, damping coefficient and the
Gain: 1 to 10.
Damping coefficient x: 0 to 1.5 in steps of 0.1.
Natural frequency (w n): 1Hz to 2 p*100 rad/s (100 Hz).
This module allows to insert disturbances in the systems. The perturbation can be inserted in
different places of the control loop:
Perturbation value: -10 to 10.
This module allows to add an offset to the input signal.
Offset value: -10 to 10.
This module is provided with 4 analog inputs. The inputs are used to visualize different signals in
Connector to computer.
Control Interface included.
- Advanced Real-Time SCADA and PID Control.
- Open Control + Multicontrol + Real-Time Control.
- Specialized EDIBON Control Software based on LabVIEW.
- National Instruments Data Acquisition board (250 KS/s, kilo samples per second).
- Projector and/or electronic whiteboard compatibility allows the unit to be explained and demonstrated to an entire class at one time.
- Capable of doing applied research, real industrial simulation, training courses, etc.
- Remote operation and control by the user and remote control for EDIBON technical support, are always included.
- Totally safe, utilizing 4 safety systems (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic & Software).
- Designed and manufactured under several quality standards.
- Optional ICAI software to create, edit and carry out practical exercises, tests, exams, calculations, etc.
- Apart from monitoring user’s knowledge and progress reached.
- This unit has been designed for future expansion and integration. A common expansion is the EDIBON Scada-Net (ESN) System which enables multiple students to simultaneously operate many units in a network.